Wednesday 6 February 2013

Latest Review - Conspiring by J.B McGee

Twitter Review

Reviewed 7/2/13

Conspiring  This book turned me from hate to saddness for Veronica & Ian, the secondary characters from Broken & Mending. 4/5


Goodreads Review

Conspiring (This #2.5)Conspiring by J.B. McGee
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Sent as an ARC for an honest review by the author. I loved Broken & Mending and couldn't wait fo this novella because I wanted to know more about Ian and Veronica and how they came to be together. I wanted to know how on earth they met and worked out the Bradley/Gaby connection. And this book did not disappoint, once I started and got past my inate hate for Veronica, which was no small feat mind you, I couldn't put the book down.

Mending made me hate Veronica, pinning the pregnancy on Bradley when she knew it was not his was low, and not something I would ever respect in a character or a person in real life, but somehow, the author made me see past that. Don't get me wrong, I still don't like her, but I have somehow softened my view towards her. She was still in love with Bradley and wanted the life she knew he could provide for her child, she never expected him to do a complete 180 and commit to someone else after telling her he never wanted to commit to anyone.

Ian met Veronica, was hot, sweet and caring, and fell in love with her. After a freak out when she told him she was pregnant with his child, he tried to get her back.

Can't wait until the next installment in the series, Forgiven, which will end Bradley and Gaby's story then Falling, the conclusion of Veronica and Ian's story.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment